Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sprouts

I went out to our plot yesterday for the daily watering.  Things are sprouting... cute little things, but certainly nothing to satisfy my appetite.  Luckily though, Kjerstin was just in the process of thinning the greens from the greenhouse and had a nice bundle for me.  (If someone from the River Politics class knows what the intention was for those greens, like if I shouldn't be enjoying them for supper tonight, please let me know.)  Blow, my garden partner, left for New Zealand today with the biodiversity and sustainability class.  Hopefully I'll have a blooming plot to share with him when he gets back!  He left me with a book, "Water Wars" by Vandana Shiva, which marks the beginning of my summer reading list.  Happy gardening to all, and maybe we'll see each other out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment